After much thought and researching we decided to go for a lightweight plywood rather than jib/drywall. Jib as they call it here, is quite heavy and we thought perhaps it was not the best option for a “mobile” home. Tongue and groove was an important factor for us, so we decided to go with the smallest thickness in T&G that was available. It turns out the only product that was <12mm in tongue and groove uses that label very loosely, as we could not see the tongue and grooves when they arrived :O! Ahhh well it looks great now anyway 😀
In the midst of this, Ness was offered a “seasonal” job in the South Island and started off the siding in the Bathroom before she jetted off for 3 months!! This left Jess to finish the big job of installing the rest of the siding by herself before she joined Ness in a couple of weeks! There were some very minor melt downs 😉 …. Ah you know, tools malfunctioning, product anomalies, having to drill into the steel frame, and the green stuff twisting around the screws, etc… never the person of course 😉
We started with the ceiling, then Ness got us started off in the bathroom before she buggered off, and to the far right is Jess’s first solo piece.
Site supervisor ‘Shooter’ laying down on the job as per usual 😉